THREAD: Johnson's Racing Team ( Jack Johnson)

AUTHOR
Threads: 2
Replies: 0
Foat Points: 8,692
Thread posted: 01/26/2012 at 05:55:am

Johnson's Racing Team ( Jack Johnson)

In 1978 I had my first muscle car, a 1968 GTO and it started a lifelong passion of working on a building fast automobiles. The cars I have owned and raced have been the GTO, 66 Chevelle, 1983 Capri and one motorcycle. After years of racing and working on various cars my passion rekindled when my son wanted a 1988 firebird.
I purchased the car and told him if he could drive the car for one year that I would build a race car out of the Firebird. He drove the car every day until the winter of 2010 and parked it as he was concerned about someone hitting it during the Ohio winter.
The project began during the spring break of 2011 and by May, it was ready for its first test run. The progression of the car and our relationship has grown stronger with the time spent on this project. The first trip to the track was an exciting day and the car made its first pass with my son driving. With my experience, I started tuning the engine and chassis and the car responded with the first 1/8 mile run at 8.2 seconds at 85 mph to a season ending 7.5 at 90 mph.
My son and I have made improvements to the car over the winter and expect the car to run 7.0 in the 1/8 mile and 10.9 in the mile. Starting the new season and running a true season as a racing team is going to make for an exciting year for our sponsors and us.
Thank you for taking the time to read our bio and Godspeed!
Johnson's Racing Team
Jack B Johnson
Brandon L Johnson (son)
12/31/1969 at 04:00:pm
Threads: 0
Replies: 0
Foat Points: 0

Email Address:
Password:
Bookmark This Forum
Share on Email Share on Facebook

SEARCH