THREAD: Here is where it all began.

12/31/2011 at 12:17:pm
Threads: 1
Replies: 80
Foat Points: 75,054
This car is now for sale.  If anyone wants it, I would live the roller go for $15,000 and with the Engine and Trans, Ass $4500.  That is all parts that I have to go with it too.  Full interior, new tubs, still in the box to install, and everything else.
01/03/2012 at 02:55:pm
Threads: 0
Replies: 1
Foat Points: 4,782
I'm confused. The car is $15,000, but with engine and trans it's $4,500???
09/02/2012 at 08:39:pm
I know it has been forever since I have done anything on this car.... Had some serious health issues, lost my job, and just have had a hard time getting back on my feet.  Been reading all of everyone's post and build threads on other forums and I just had to get out there this weekend and get something done.  I put some small plans together on things I want to accomplish that I think I can do without having to spend some money.  Budget is too tight for me to do it otherwise at the moment.

First thing I am going to do is support the back of the body with a pair of nurf bars, with supports.  Lets see how far I got today.

How it looked when I started:

Time to break out the Harbor Freight Special Tube Bender:

Bent the first bar, and put it up on the frame rail with a C-Clamp to see if I like it.

Bend the second bar to make it match the first bar where it counts:

After a bunch of cutting, and grinding to get it to fit, and then welding it in place:

Cut the second one, but have not ground it or welded it in:

This is what it will look like when welded in place:

First thing tomorrow I am going to get the bar ground, and then weld it in place.  After that I am going to get the bar welded between them.  From there I am going to create a rear sheet metal pan.  Then get the rear mounts in place to bolt in the rear sheet metal pan on.  Once I get that completed, I can then cut fit the tubs, and the interior sheet metal in, and get it buttoned up inside.  Once I get that completed, I will pretty much be out of money to work on it for a while.  I will either need to get a better job, or get a raise at the job I am at before I can put any more money into it.  Just have to work harder I guess.
09/04/2012 at 11:32:am
Foat Points: 578
I like this build. Great details is in the photos. Thanks.
01/13/2014 at 07:47:pm
Foat Points: 1,330
(y) The Best (y) <3 Corvettes!!!!
01/14/2014 at 08:09:am
Foat Points: 568
Props on the build.
01/24/2014 at 02:19:pm
Foat Points: 3,731
Super build. Good job Tachout.
01/27/2014 at 09:38:am
Foat Points: 1,386
Thumbs up
01/29/2014 at 04:15:pm
Foat Points: 56,721
Big time.
02/04/2014 at 06:25:pm
To krscott67. I got your inbox message but cannot reply to you as we are not friends on here, and I could not find your profile.

Good Evening Kevin,

I have not finished the build yet. I worked in the housing market, and with the crash of the housing market my pay was cut to about 40% so there was not a budget for the car. Notice I said I worked.... I am no longer in the housing market, so when it warms up here in Utah I will be back at it.

My rear tires are the biggest Mickey Thomspson Sportsman Pro I could get 33X21.5X15 Tires and my Rear Rims are 15X15 Rims. The back Spacing was 5.5" and that was due to the fact I got a used Ford 9" off of Racingjunk.com. I would have to go out and measure the rear. I can do that this weekend with a distance Axle flange to Axle flange. If there are other pictures you want, or if there is other info feel free to ask.

Also keep in mind I am having to stretch my car 3.5 Inches to accomidate the tires. Also these will not swell to much during a burnout. If you are running slicks keep in mind they grow much more. If I were to run a good set of wrinkle walls I will need to go no large than a 28" Tire.

Thanks for looking at my project.
Mark Selig

Email Address:
Password:
Bookmark This Forum
Share on Email Share on Facebook

SEARCH

Replies
Threads

MEET THE MODERATOR

FORUM STATS

NUM MEMBERS: 44